Event Description : Everyone has their own unique perspective and we want you to show us yours! Shutterbugs, gather ’round! Pack your camera kits and tell us stories through your lens. How many words are your pictures worth?! Picturesque offers a platform to present their fresh perspectives to the audience.
Prizes worth ₹ 10,000
Team Size : Individual entry Theme Announcement: 21st December 2018 Deadline for Registration: 21st January 2019 11:59:59 PM Deadline for Submission: 22nd January 2019 11:59:59 PM General Rules:
1. The themes will be made available on the website and Facebook page of Chaos.
2. Each theme will have separate judging.
3. An individual can send a maximum of 3 photographs in each category.
4. Photos can be clicked using DSLRs, Digital Cameras and Smartphones and should contain the date and time info with a minimum resolution of 5 million pixels or greater. Images that do not meet this standard can still be judged, but may not be honored as a finalist in the competition (at the judge's’ sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked.
5. Date of photo should be after 20th December 2018 (older photos will be disqualified).
6. Photo morphing and editing is allowed.
7. Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo.
8. The participants can register for the event only once.
9. The participant has to make subfolders within the google drive link and name it according to the genres in which he/she is participating.
10. Any sign of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
Technical excellence - 30%
Composition - 35%
Originality - 30%
Relevance to theme of fest - 5%
The categories for Picturesque photography events are:
Event Description : Like one word follows another to complete one sentence to finally mean something, one picture follows the other to present one complete story. What effect a picture and the emotions captured in it have, mere words fail to achieve. Kaptured is premier outlet to showcase the brilliance of emerging storytellers using on the spot photojournalism skills.
Event Date: 27th Jan, 2019 Date for Finals 27th Jan, 2019 Prizes worth ₹ 10,000
Team Size: Max 3 per team Deadline for Registration: 22nd January 2019 11:59:59 PM Theme Announcement: 23rd January 2019 Deadline for Submission: 26nd January 2019 11:59:59 PM General Rules:
1. Each team can consist of a maximum of 3 members and only one entry per team is allowed.
2. The theme will be made available on the website and Facebook page of Chaos.
3. An entry should not consist of more than a series of 5 photographs.
4. Photos can be clicked using DSLRs, Digital Cameras and Smartphones and should contain the date and time info with a minimum resolution of 5 million pixels or greater. Images that do not meet this standard can still be judged, but may not be honoured as a finalist in the competition (at the judge's’ sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked.
5. In photo editing only global editing i.e. cropping and adjustment of hue/saturation; brightness /contrast levels are allowed. Photo morphing, manipulations or local editing will directly lead to disqualification.
6. Participants have to upload the photos (should be renamed in the sequence of the story) along with an overall description (not exceeding 75 words in .pdf format) in a folder to google drive.
7. Any sign of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
Event Description : True to its spirit of celebrating various arts, Chaos brings to you the Turncoat event - interesting format of debate in which you have to flip sides. A style of debate where the speaker literally debates against himself/herself.
Rules and regulations:
• This is an individual event and will take place in 1 round.
• Can choose the stand - For/Against (Stand to be changed immediately when the moderator gives the signal)
• The participants have to speak supporting the given topic for some time and then have to contradict their first half.
• 15 sec - Preparation
• 25-35 sec - Support the stand taken
• 25-35 sec - Contradict
• 25-35 sec - Support
• 25-35 sec – Contradict
• Overall speaking time - 2 minutes - (Stance to be changed 3 times - need not be at regular intervals)
• Language of the speech can be English/Hindi.
• If a participant exceeds the stipulated time, 15% of the total marks obtained will be deducted. If he/she exceeds 3 minutes, he/she stands to be debarred from the event.
• No support material will be allowed during the speeches. Although, support material can only be used during preparation time
• The organizing committee is responsible for the infrastructural facilities only.
• At any point during the course of the event, the decisions of the organisers will be final and binding.
Any form of misbehavior or use of abusive language will lead to direct disqualification
of the team. The organizing team reserves the right to change or modify any of the rules at any point during the event.
Event Description : The ‘Photo Wall’ brings you the chance to be ‘the Artist’ in telling stories through imagery. Capture the vibrant pulse around you through any photographic device and give it your own outlook. Let others see the world through your eyes.
Rules: Interested participants are required to send their entries online, prior to the event, and the ones selected would be displayed on a photo-wall set up here at IIMA to showcase the best of photography talent. Share the link to your google drive folder, where your entries will be stored.
Event Description : Feel the fun of elegant as well as funky body art assisted by a professional tattoo artist. A completely new idea Chaos initiates this year for all the tattoo lovers. Getting a temporary tattoo done on body is fun but this would be a completely new exposure to try it on your own. A crazy workshop for all crazy tattoo fans.
Rules (Limited Registrations) : No prior experience of art required, only requires creative crazy minds with lots of enthusiasm. Kits for tattooing will be available to the participants post registration at the venue.
Event Description :The tournament shall follow the 3-on-3 Asians Parliamentary format for debate. There shall be five rounds in the preliminary stage of the competition. The top eight teams will proceed to the quarter finals. The quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be elimination rounds, with the winning team proceeding to the next round.
Date for Finals : 26-27th January 2019 Prize Money : INR 70,000 Rule-book : Downalod
Event Description :Under the gambit of this event, 6 quizzes will be conducted in 2 days on the topics: General, India, Mela, Sci-Tech, SpEnt and Business.
Event Date : 26-27th January 2019 Prize Money : INR 15,000 On the spot registration
Chaos, the annual cultural festival of Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad, is a 4 DAY EVENT of 500+ COLLEGES with 70,000+ FOOTFALL making it an event to look for in Western India With professional performances of artists like Shanker Mahadevan, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Amit Trivedi etc.